I am honoured to have been nominated by fellow blogger may for a versatile blogger award..
may keeps an awesome blog with a rich library of recipes , so i highly recommend you check it out
thank you for always keeping me in mind my dear
so what are the rules after you have been nominated? briefly…
1 ~ thank the person who had nominated you
2 ~ post the award badge on your blog
3 ~ share seven facts about yourself
4 ~ nominate 15 blogs who deserve the award and inform them
for more information about the award, please visit this website
ok.. rules rules…. 7 facts about myself
1. i am a singaporean who spent most of my life staying abroad… and (un)fortunately residing in beijing for the past 9 years
2. yes, i am a self learnt baker… i believe the best way to learn is to try (daringly) and make mistakes. my first loaf of bread from the bread machine looked like a meteorite.. and yes, till this day, i still have bakes that i dump to the trash can
3. despite being a baker, i am gluten free 😀 not that i have allergies to gluten, i just prefer gluten free products. so what do i mean when i say a bake is fantastic? i taste the bake in its raw and final form, then spit it out
4. i started my blog as a private e-diary and opened it to the public in 2013 when i decided to “retire”.. the very simple (maybe somewhat “un”original) name Victoria Bakes was given by my DH.. not sure if he was being patronising (you know.. how men answer you for the sake of answering?) when i asked for an “inspiring” name, i am now “stuck” with it :D.. wellz.. no complaints
5. i can bake.. but i can’t cook (being able to steam is a recently acquired blessing ~ AMEN). i have burnt endless pots & pans :O
6. i nag (i think i do.. a wee bit).. but i also think the word nag is invented by men ~ a convenient word for them to camouflage their to-be-improved listening skills.. i always feel if they do things the first time, we didn’t need to repeat our words again? ya?
7. i am not being unfriendly on Facebook.. but logging into & staying on is a chore (since i reside in china).. so i zap in and out to share my bakes. HENCE, the easiest way to communicate with me is via my blog
and NOW, the blogs i am also nominating (and i think truly deserve) for the award:
anncoo journal by Ann
bake for happy kids by Zoe
baking language by Vanessa
bakingtai tai by cheryl
delishar by Sharon
eileen の 记事本 by Eileen
frozen wings by Lena
guai shu shu (怪叔叔）by Kenneth
kitchen flavours by Joyce
loving creations for you by Phay Shing & Susan
minty’s kitchen by Veronica
qi qi in the house by Qi Qi
rumbling tummy by Edith
wanwantea by wan wan
xuanhom’s mom kitchen diary by Fion
finally (the “grammy” appreciation speech), i like to dawn on this opportunity to thank my readers for your support..
i am blessed to have positively critical, and friendly readers
whether you have written to me openly or privately, i treasure all the compliments and comments you gave
i may not have answered all of you but i have definitely kept them in my hearts..
bloggers like us, need readers like you to stay well on track..
so, thank you.. very much