after playing around with the ingredient mix for a few years, I finally found my favourite version – have you?
making pizza buns out of this – second day in a row I’m making this – that’s how good it is
这个夺命软吐司让我玩了 N 次,终于给我找出一个令我特 LIKEY 的版本- 你呢?你找到了你的么?
这个披萨餐包连续做了两天- 真的很好吃!

Ingredients (makes 6)

dough
260g bread flour
3g instant dry yeast
4g sea salt
20g caster sugar
1 egg (net weight 50-53g) + 100g whipping cream + milk = 220g

topping
1 slice free range bacon, chopped into small pieces
4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
half a peel/layer of brown onion , chopped
handful of spring onion, chopped
6 slices of cheese

溜达猪肉培根 1 片、切小块
圣女果 4粒、切片
白洋葱 半片、切小块
青葱 一把、切细
乳酪片 6片

Directions/做法

mix all dough ingredients together and knead till window pane stage
(took me 25 mins on kitchenid mixer)
面团食材混合、揉至完全
(厨师机越 25分钟)divide dough into 6 equal portions without punching dough down
shape into ball and proof till double in size
面团无需排气、分割成 6等份
整形成圆球、发酵至双倍大 meantime fry chopped white onion and bacon together till lightly browned
set aside
面团发酵当儿,将培根和白洋葱爆香至稍微上色
备用 flatten proofed buns gently
发酵过的面团轻轻擀平 absolutely optional move here but you can brush the buns with the oil that oozed out from the bacon during frying
此步可免: 可选择在面团表面刷上之前煎培根流出来的油 top with sliced cherry tomatoes and then bacon and onion
码上切片的女圣果,然后撒上培根和洋葱 sprinkle spring onions
撒上青葱 finally place sliced cheese on top
最后叠上乳酪片 bake in centre rack of 180 degrees C preheated oven for about 16 mins
(Baking time and temperature for reference only)
送入预热至 180摄氏度中层烤箱烤 16分钟
(烘焙时间和温度仅供参考)this is how the babies look after baking for 6 mins
送入烤箱 6分钟后

Personal notes/温馨小贴士:
– set aside 20g of milk (i.e. use 200g hydration as a start) and add as deemed necessary when kneading dough
奶水不要一次加至 220克。刚开始和面时先用 200克湿性食材。和面后再适当加入剩余的 20克奶水

– you can add up to 6g sea salt if you like to make a salty toast
如做吐司,盐部份可加至 6克。吐司会带一点儿咸味儿 ~ 挺好吃的

– this is what I mean by half a peel of onion
半片白洋葱是这个模样哒 – bought my free range bacon from little farms
咋们家溜达猪肉培根是在 little farms 买的 – bought the cheese slices from Don Don Donki
乳酪片是 Don Don Donki 买的

17 Comments

• Connie says:

Hi. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Would love to bake this too… May I know what speed you used on your kitchenaid when you knead the dough for 25 mins?

• Victoria says:

Hello Connie

Speed 1 for mixing and 2 for dough to come together. Thereafter I knead and toggle between speed 2 and 4. Hope this helps

• Connie says:

Can I use speed 4 all the way and shorten the kneading time?

• Victoria says:

For mixing stage no. Thereafter It depends on how heavy the load is. What I mean here is, if ur flour absorbs liquid v well, then it will laden the machine with a high speed kneading. However if your flour doesn’t absorb liquid that well, the dough will be quite “slimy”. If ur dough is that, then yes u can use speed 4 throughout and kneading time will be shorten. This is because a more hydrated dough is less of a burden to the machine .

• Panpan says:

Hi..may i know how long do u proof the dough for?tks

• Victoria says:

Hi I can’t really recall but with SG weather , maybe 45mins. I don’t usually track cos I test the “done-ness” by pressing on the dough. Hope this helps

• isya says:

I have tried the dough and it is the first time I kneaded the dough till window pane. I used Kenwood Mixer and actually mixed it for 20 minutes before realizing that I was using no2 not no3. So I kneaded it for another 10 minutes till window pane. The buns turn out soft and fuffy and moist. Thank you very much for sharing the recipe. It is the whipping cream that did it, isn’t it?

• Victoria says:

Hi I’m happy to hear that. No it’s not the whipping cream. Rather it’s the proportion of wet to dry ingredients which makes this easy to knead and hence achieving the window pane 🙂

• Isya Polai says:

Thank you for your response. I used the same dough to make buns with red bean filling. I rolled out a 60g dough, filled in and rolled it like making a cinnamon role. Proof it and bake. The outcome: it was not as soft and fluffy as the unrolled bun. Is it because of the pressure of rolling that deflate the air in the dough?

• inge says:

Hi, is that no butter in the dough or you just missed when typing? Thanks.

• Triani says:

Hi Victoria. Can I use thickened/heavy cream instead of whipping cream? Thanks

• Agnes says:

Hi.. I want to ask if I use self-raising flour is ok too? So i can omit bread flour and instant yeast?